Workshop Seating Technician
Consolor Ltd is currently recruiting for a Workshop Seating Technician. No experience is necessary as full training will be given but an ability to learn on the job and show good practical skills with tools is essential. Previous experience in a workshop or production environment would be great but this position could also suit a school or college leaver or an apprentice.
Consolor assesses clients with physical disabilities and manufactures a wide range of seating and mobility products to support and enable our customers.
During the clinical assessment we take a 3D scan of the client’s posture. Back in the workshop the CADCAM Team use specialist software to finish designing the seat, a robot is programed and then carves the custom seat to each person’s profile. The seats are finished by hand and various other fabrications are manufactured and assembled and finally the finished seating system are fitted into a new powered or manual wheelchair.
Some of the other tools and machines we use are vacuum former, bandsaws, sanders, routers (including CNC) and numerous hand tools. Every seat is individually made and shaped to each individual customer.
Are you able to work within a small manufacturing team offering a bespoke product/service?
- Carry out workshop/manufacturing/assembling duties required to produce bespoke wheelchair seating to the highest possible standard
- Undertake engineering fabrication and assembly work in plastic, foam and metals
- Ability to follow work instructions and drawings
- Work with Team Leader to improve quality, efficiency and manufacturing processes
The successful candidate will possess?
- Background or experience in, woodworking, mechanical engineering/repair/bench fitting or assembly
- Mechanical aptitude/mind set
- Experienced user of machinery and hand/bench tools
- Good attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to learn and to be highly motivated
- Organised and ability to work to a plan
- Good communication skills and good team working skills
What can we offer you?
- Starting salary of £22,048 (£10.60 per hour)
- 40 Hours per week
- Monday – Thursday 7am to 4pm (1pm on Fridays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) with the option the take a further 5 days holidays (unpaid)
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
This role is working in a regulated activity and may be subject to a DBS disclosure.